Knowing how to keep the brain health is vital information anyone should know. The brain controls everything that the body does from moving to thinking and it needs certain brain nutrients or brain vitamins to help it repair the damaged ends and to function well. Listed below are some of the nutrients, herbs and other dietary measures that help repair the damaged tissues and promote healthy brain functioning.
Nutrients and Other Dietary Sources for the Brain;
- Multi-vitamins are shown to help increase nonverbal IQ points
- Water rehydrates the body and keeps the brain stress-free
- Omega-3 fatty acids prevents low intellectual performance and dementia
- Gingko Biloba destroys free radicals and improves short-term memory
- Eggs contains choline that enhances memory
- Complex carbohydrates that digest slowly provide a steady supply of brain fuel for brain energy.
- L-glutamine is an amino acid that is included in formulation because it enters the brain and is utilized for energy. This is also a precursor for glutathione. Its reserves can become rapidly depleted after surgery or stress to the brain.
Damaged brain tissue and cells are of the things that people should be concerned about. This might lead to lowered intellectual performance and dementia. There are a number of brain foods supplements that help repair damaged brain cells to allow for better intellectual performance and improved memory. It is generally best to get the nutrients you need through daily dietary intake but sometimes it’s nearly impossible to meet the diet requirements with the fast pace of living most people succumb to. It actually takes a highly focused and concerted effort to feed the body with the best brain foods. Therefore, supplementation can fill in the gaps.