Natural health products have become very popular over the years because people are becoming more aware of their own health and many people wish to avoid taking prescription medications. In recent years, the use of home remedies and natural supplements as grown significantly among people of all ages for a variety of health problems. In particular, patients with diabetes may be very interested in supplements because these patients are often asked to take numerous medications to control blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and more!There are many supplements available and for each one numerous claims of how it will improve your health. If you are wondering how to lower your cholesterol, how to decrease blood sugar or you just want to be healthier, consider taking one of these five supplements!
- Coenzyme Q10: This powerful anti-oxidant shows promise for helping many health conditions from heart failure to cancer. It is theorized that coenzyme Q10 neutralizes free radicals that cause damage to the DNA in the body. It is being closely studied for use in several different health conditions and is even being used in other countries to fight heart failure and more!
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency has been linking to osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes and depression. This essential vitamin can be added to the diet with a calcium supplement for maximum benefits. For those that cannot tolerate vitamin D supplements, exposure to sunshine allows your body to produce its own vitamin D!
- Fish Oil: Add fish oil supplements to your diet to improve cholesterol. These omega 3 fatty acids can be obtained in the diet by eating fatty fish for dinner twice per week. For those that do not like to eat fish, a supplement is a perfect alternative.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: This supplement is being used in Germany to fight a common complication of high blood sugar levels called diabetic neuropathy. Like Coenzyme Q10, alpha lipoic acid is a powerful anti-oxidant. It is theorized to reduce the complications of diabetes by prevent damage from dangerous free radicals.
- Niacin: Niacin has gained popularity in recent years for its power to improve heart healthy HDL levels. The niacin flush has been studied carefully and is found to work so well that prescription medications have been designed to use this important vitamin to improve cholesterol levels.
These are five important supplements that are being closely studied for their role in helping improve the health of many types of patients but may be of greatest interest to diabetics. For more information, click here or ask your doctor about how these supplements can help change your health!