There are many things in life that are guilty of causing us stress and anxiety, like buying a house for instance. This was my emotional gut-wrencher over the past month. It was amazing how my mind, playing out every different scenario that could possibly happen and filling me with worry and doubt, sent me into a literal downward spiral of physiological well-being, with nausea being a main symptom. Call it stress, over-excitement, or just plain fear-my emotions initiated a physiologic response on my digestive system that could not be denied.
Many situations can create anxiety or stress in our lives from social situations, performance related tasks, fear, or just being super excited about something. It is learning how to manage our stress that can help us avoid some of the not-so-fun symptoms (like nausea) that are likely to occur.
Reduce Anxiety Induced Nausea by Trying these Tips
- Have a Plan: Being well prepared and planning for events can really eliminate a lot of the fear and uneasiness that comes from life’s big stressors anddecisions.
- Get some sleep: Everything seems more manageable when we are well rested. Renewed energy to take on daily tasks and a clear mind to think through problems are a great benefit of getting adequate sleep.
- Visualize: Picturing yourself accomplishing the task that is before you will ease your mind and improve your confidence.
- Eat Healthy: Consuming a diet that is healthy and contains all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients we need to maintain optimal health is critical to maintaining both physical and emotional stability.
- Sweat it Out: Exercise has proven to be a sure-fire way to eliminate stress and anxiety in our life. The body releases endorphins or “feel good” chemicals in our brain that gives us a sense of well-being and calms our anxious minds and bodies. If exercise is one way you wish to curb your anxiety, you may also want to check out this site featuring some of the best home gym equipment out there.